We are more than 1.4 million worldwide. We're your neighbors, your friends, your city's stakeholders. Together, we're bringing productive change to our regions and to the world.
The diversity of our professions, cultures and experiences enables us to approach problems from new angles. By joining forces in the service of solidarity, we can achieve the impossible.
What sets us apart
- A multidisciplinary approach : we approach problems with originality and efficiency.
- An atypical vision: we rely on the leadership qualities and expertise of men and women to solve societal problems.
- Responsible action: our passion and perseverance produce lasting change.
- An impact that's both local and global, thanks to our members from all four corners of the world.
How we work
It all starts with Rotarians: the men and women who work within their clubs to provide solutions to sometimes difficult issues, whether local, national or even international.
Their efforts are supported by Rotary International and The Rotary Foundation:
- Rotary is managed by its members, elected officials who carry the mission and values of Rotary into their various roles within the organization.
- The Rotary Foundation transforms donations and fundraising results into grants that help finance Rotarians' projects around the world.
The purpose of Rotary
The Object of Rotary is to encourage and foster the ideal of service as a basis of worthy enterprise and, in particular, to encourage and foster:
- FIRST: The development of acquaintance as an opportunity for service
- SECOND: High ethical standards in business and professions; the recognition of the worthiness of all useful occupations; and the dignifying of each Rotarian’s occupation as an opportunity to serve society
- THIRD: The application of the ideal of service in each Rotarian’s personal, business, and community life
- FOURTH: The advancement of international understanding, goodwill, and peace through a world fellowship of business and professional persons united in the ideal of service
We've been bringing cultures together for over 100 years. Since it was founded in 1905, Rotary International has tackled major global challenges and helped several international and humanitarian organizations, such as the United Nations and UNESCO, take their first steps.
Our areas of focus
Our focus on well-targeted causes enables us to strengthen our impact locally and around the world. Using our resources and partners, Rotary clubs focus on promoting peace, fighting disease, providing clean water, promoting maternal and child health, supporting economic and community development, and protecting the environment.
Fields of action
We channel our commitment to service at home and abroad through five Avenues of Service, which are the foundation of club activity.
- Club Service focuses on making clubs strong. A thriving club is anchored by strong relationships and an active membership development plan.
- Vocational Service calls on every Rotarian to work with integrity and contribute their expertise to the problems and needs of society.
- Community Service encourages every Rotarian to find ways to improve the quality of life for people in their communities and to serve the public interest.
- International Service exemplifies our global reach in promoting peace and understanding. We support this service avenue by sponsoring or volunteering on international projects, seeking partners abroad, and more.
- Youth Service recognizes the importance of empowering youth and young professionals through leadership development programs such as Interact, Rotary Youth Leadership Awards, and Rotary Youth Exchange.